Why run a Kickstarter? Because I don't want to be the one dictating what this game looks like. The miniature wargaming community is so engaged and supportive that I want to use the best ideas from everyone to create a truly amazing experience. Therefore the main reward for this Kickstarter will be the opportunity to help design the game with your peers. I will be sending out frequent surveys to gather feedback about the features that you want within the game. As soon as the most bare workable alpha version is ready you will be able to play and test it. And throughout the entire development cycle you will have the opportunity to test the new features and give feedback running an unlimited number of campaigns.
What are the Features?
Well as I mention above that's up to the backers. But I've been thinking about this for a while, and here is a small subset of some of the features I think would be cool:
- Player specific features like fog of war, gold, set army lists, buildings, and more. This is where software really shines, because each player can have their own secrets.
- Opportunities for comebacks. Every campaign I've played suffered from the problem where winning players keep winning. I'd like to offer ways to keep players that struggle from the start still engaged with the game.
- Present specific scenarios based on the map. It would be very cool if the game could generate a scenario and map for the battle based on the terrain around. Maybe the attacker has to cross a river and take the opposing bank while the defender repels them.
- Create different game skins for different themes. For instance have the ability to choose a campaign for a sci-fi, fantasy, cyberpunk, steampunk, or historical game.
- Unique Tiles (gold, special rules, etc...)
- Different movement speeds for armies
- Allied reinforcements
- Building bridges
- Vary victory conditions
- Customizable game rules
- Army upgrades for fighting battles
- Losing units/points after a battle
- Special rules around cities and towns
- Sabotage, spies, and raids!
- Set turn limits
- Facilitate story creation/telling for the campaigns